Remember to look up.
Posts tagged motivation.
- Life doesn’t end at 18, it’s just the beginning. Remember to look past high school life.
- 9 times out of 10 the “popular kids” are the ones in for a rude awakening when they get out in the real world.
- Listen to your teachers, they were once in your shoes not too long ago and know a thing or two.
- The number of facebook friends you have is crap. Find a handful of friends you can count on and that make you laugh until you cry.
- If someone breaks up with you, don’t shed a tear over it but definitely eat a little bit of ice cream.
- No, it’s not cool to be pregnant in high school. You don’t even know who you are yet and you are not ready to take care of another person just yet. WAIT.
- If your coach gives you a hard time then they see your potential. Show them what you’re made of and soak up what they teach you.
- No, the band kids are not nerds. Get to know each group at school, someone might just surprise you.
- If someone bullies you, just smile and walk away (I promise it works).
- People are going to let you down because that’s life. Life isn’t easy but life begins way after high school - ask me how I know…
- It’s easy to spot a negative person. They are the ones who are in denial that they are actually
- If you’re a positive person and surround yourself with negative people, eventually it’s going to rub off on you. Guaranteed.
- Negative people are just jealous deep down inside.
- Negativity is like dirt. Joy is pure sunshine. The choice is easy…
- When you look at others and constantly point out their flaws, that’s negativity. Before you point, make sure you know the FULL story.
- Kids have it figured out. Listen to them more, they might just teach you something.
- Never judge someone before you learn their story.
- Don’t fight dirty, fight smart.
- Commonsense always wins over brains.
- Don’t allow people to get close to you too quickly, because most are going to break your heart or upset you at some point.
- A friend loves at all times. Real friendships never include jealousy.
- Religion is now just a word. The bible is the truth.
- If you’re an honest person, you will do well in business. People like honesty when doing business.
- No matter how good of a liar you are, things will eventually come out at some point.
- Don’t always assume people have your back.
- Success does not define you.
- A person’s group of friends can say a lot about them.
- Don’t surround yourself with negativity. It will eventually bring you down as well.
- Don’t ever get comfortable enough with your surrounding that you forget who you are and what you love.
- Don’t expect others to be there for you if you can’t be there for them too.
- A nice sunset can always remind you that life is good and that you lived another amazing day.
- If you don’t believe in God then go to the top of a mountain and look out. I promise it will change your mind.
- Money doesn’t mean a thing.
- A hearse doesn’t carry a luggage rack.
- If you can truly admit that you miss someone, then they are worth keeping in your life.
- No matter where you live there are always pros and cons.
- Listen more.
- If someone needs to talk, stop what you’re doing and focus on them.
- If something happens in your friends life, don’t wait for them to reach out to you. Go sit beside them until they are ready to talk.
- Some women never grow out of the high school gossip phase. You’ve been warned…
I literally could go on and on…but as my grandmother would say, “that will do for now.”
My brother and I are originally from the area that Sandy devastated and now reside in Kentucky running our auto garage business. When the hurricane hit, we could not believe the devastation that it caused and knew we needed to go up there to help in some way shape or form. We drove up there with…